Do you know someone who is living in a domestic violence situation? Have you ever wondered how you can help them? Reach Out Speak Out can be a resource. For nearly 10 years, we have been helping Tampa Bay families escape dv situations. The first question we ask a potential client is “are you safe”. If they are not safe we advise them to call 911 and the police will help get them to a safe place. Once we ascertain that they are safe, we advise them to get a restraining order for protection. We have resources for the different stages.
Shelters are a valuable resource short term. Our goal is to help the families
become survivors and thrivers.
- Sunshine (Pasco) Hotline-352-521-3120
- CASA (Pinellas) Hotline-727-895-4912
- Spring (Hillsborough) Hotline-813-247-7233 (SAFE)
For legal help, the Florida Domestic Violence and National Domestic Violence
Hotlines are crucial resources:
- Florida Domestic Violence Hotline-1-800-500-1119
- National Domestic Violence Hotline-1-800-799-7233
If the potential client does not have an attorney, we refer them to Are You Safe. They are a non-profit that helps the victims get a restraining order for their family’s protection. The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay is another resource that we recommend to our potential clients
- Are You Safe-813-997-7432
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay-Emergency-211