BE THE CHANGE IN 2020
What will you do to help Reach Out Speak Out? You don’t know much about domestic violence and you have never experienced abuse? Here are some statistics that will educate you to why it is very important.
- 3 women die every day because of domestic violence
- Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner.
- The number of American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq from 2001 – 2012 saw 6,488 people killed. For the same period of time, 11,766 women were murdered by their current or ex-male partner. Huff Post
- Women with a disability are 40% more likely to experience intimate partner violence
- Every minute 20 people are victims of intimate partner violence
- Worldwide- men who were exposed to domestic violence as a child are 3 to 4 times more likely to perpetrate intimate partner violence as an adult vs. men who did not experience domestic violence as a child
- A women is beaten every 9 seconds in the United States of America
- Women who are victims of domestic violence are 8 times more likely to be killed by an intimate partner if there are firearms in the house
- Black women experience intimate partner violence 35% more than white women
- Domestic violence is the 3rd leading cause of homelessness among families.
Do you still feel that we should be silent about domestic violence? Do you still believe it is a family matter and that we should not get involved with those that are in a domestic violence situation?
It is very important that we honor our military and they should be honored. But, I personally feel that it is time to also do what God has told us to do and that is to honor our wives.
Ephesians 5:33, Paul writes, “let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.” In addition to his command toward men, Paul says a wife should respect her husband.
Proverbs 3:27 Give Honor Where Honor Is Due.
Proverbs 3:27 – Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. If you have the power to do good, do it as unto the Lord.
Don’t wait to send flowers to her funeral.
Make 2020 the year that will be free of domestic violence!